Terms and Conditions
• Filofax maintains its website for your use. Please feel free to browse the site. These terms govern your access and use of the site and material. By accessing and browsing the site you accept those terms without limitation. Please check them regularly as they may be varied from time to time.
• “You” means the person whose order for the Goods is accepted by filofax.
• “Goods” means the Goods which Filofax will supply in accordance with your order.
• “Filofax” “Us” “We” means Filofax Group Limited, Registered office: Royal London House, 22/25 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1DX , Company No. 1891062.
• “Terms” means these standard Terms and Conditions of Sale set out in this document and includes any special terms agreed in writing between us.
• “Contract” means the Contract for the purchase and sale of the Goods.
Basis of the Sale
• These Terms shall govern the sale and supply of Goods by filofax to you. All other terms and conditions of trading are excluded. If you wish to rely on any variation in these terms you should ensure that such variations are recorded in writing.
• Any error or omission in any information or document issued by Filofax shall be subject to correction provided that the correction does not materially affect the Contract.
• No Offer submitted by you for the purchase of Goods shall be accepted until Filofax have confirmed receipt and acceptance of the offer by e-mail. Acceptance is deemed effective upon Filofax sending the e-mail.
• The price of the goods shall be our quoted price or if none is given the price in the current published price list.
• The price of the goods is inclusive of VAT unless you are a non-EU customer when VAT shall be deducted. VAT is not applicable on Maps or Books.
• You shall be liable to pay our charges for the delivery which will vary depending on your location, please refer to the delivery section for a list of delivery charges.
• Filofax’s delivery charges do not include any expenses for customs duty. We are not responsible for any such additional charges, these expenses are your responsibility.
• All charges must be paid prior to delivery. Legal ownership in the Goods remains with Filofax until full payment has been received by us.
• The legal ownership and any copyright or other intellectual property rights in the site and its design, text, graphics, software and all other material on the site shall belong to Filofax at all times, unless otherwise stated.
• You may only download material or view and/or print a single hard copy for private or non-commercial use and no part of the site or its material shall otherwise be reproduced, transmitted or made available on a network without prior written permission by Filofax.
• All trade marks, logos, and service marks displayed on the site including Filofax, Yard-O-Led and the “F” logo are either registered or unregistered trade marks of filofax Group Limited or Letts Group. No rights are guaranteed to use any of them without prior written permission of Filofax.
• Filofax will enforce its intellectual property rights, without hesitation, to the fullest extent of the law.
• Any exclusions of liability in these terms do not affect your statutory rights and shall not apply to any liability arising from death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Filofax or any of its employees or agents.
• Subject to your statutory rights we shall not be liable to you for any loss or damage (whether for loss of profit or otherwise) arising from your use of the site its material or content.
• Filofax shall only be liable for losses that are foreseeable and will not be liable to you or deemed to be in breach of the Contract by reason of any delay in performing or any failure to perform any of our obligations in relation to the Goods lack of access to the site or the site being unavailable if the delay or failure was due to Act of God, your act of default or any cause beyond our reasonable control.
Accuracy of Information
• While every effort is made to ensure that information is contained on this site is correct, Filofax makes no warranty express or implied as to the nature or accuracy of any such material to the extent permitted by applicable law.
• You may activate links in this site leading to websites which are not under the control of Filofax and therefore any responsibility or liability for the material on the linked site is excluded by Filofax.
• Any framing of or linking to this site is prohibited without the proper written permission of Filofax.
• Filofax may from time to time monitor or review bulletin boards, transmissions, postings, discussions and the like on the site. Filofax assumes no responsibility or liability in that respect and you are prohibited from utilising material that would give rise to an offence or liability for Filofax.
• These terms will be governed by English law and in the case of dispute will be submitted in the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. If access to the site is from outside the UK you are responsible to ensure compliance with any local laws if and to the extent such laws are applicable.
• If any provision of these terms is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these terms and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
• For the avoidance of doubt nothing in these terms shall confer on any third party any benefit or the right to enforce any term.
• No waiver by Filofax of any breach of the contract by you shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
Filofax maintains its web site for your use. Please feel free the browse the site. These terms govern your access and use of the site and its material. By accessing and browsing the site you accept these terms without limitation.Copyright
The legal ownership and any copyright or other intellectual property rights in the site and its design, text, graphics, software and all other material on the site belong to Filofax at all times, unless otherwise stated. You may only download material or view and /or print a single hard copy for private or non commercial use and no part of the site or its material shall otherwise be reproduced, transmitted or made available on a network without prior written permission of Filofax.
All trade marks, logos and service marks displayed on the site including Filofax, Yard-O-Led and the “F” logo are either registered or unregistered trade marks of FLB group limited and their associated companies. No rights are granted to use any of them without prior written permission of Filofax. Filofax will enforce its intellectual property rights, without hesitation, to the fullest extent of the law. Accuracy of information
While every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this site is correct, Filofax makes no warranty express or implied as to the nature or accuracy of any such material to the extent permitted by acceptable law.
You may activate links in this site leading to web sites which are not under the control of Filofax and therefore any responsibility or liability for the material on the linked site is excluded by Filofax.
At Filofax, we are committed to protecting your privacy.
We use the information we collect from you to process orders and to provide a more personalised shopping experience.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
When you order, we need your name, email address, registered cardholder address and delivery address (if different). This allows us to process and fulfil your orders and to notify you of your order status. We also ask for a telephone number, which enables us to contact you urgently, if there is a problem with your order. For some international deliveries this number may be given to couriers.
When you subscribe to our news bulletins or focus groups, we will ask you for your email address so we can contact you with any relevant products or special promotions.
When you enter a competition or other promotional feature, we may ask for your name, address and email address so we can administer the competition and notify the winner.
Filofaxusa.com personalizes your shopping experience by using your purchases to shape our future product offerings available on the site. We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to improve and develop the design and layout of this site.
Will Filofaxusa.com disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
Filofax does not sell trade or rent your information to others and is committed to protecting your privacy. Filofax welcomes your questions and comments about privacy. Please send your enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
How does Filofaxusa.com protect customer information?
When you place your orders or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, as required by the UK data protection Act of 1998, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and discloser of information, which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information.
What about cookies?
“Cookies” are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information, but they enable us to provide features such as 'Registered Shopper' and to store items in your shopping basket between visits. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that. Even without a cookie, you can still use most of the features in our site however you may experience some technical problems (for example items put in your shopping basket may be lost).
To unsubscribe from our list of customers registered to receive news and updates via e-mail, please visit the My Account section and update your details accordingly.
Rate and review - conditions of use
We understand that when shopping, customers like to read what other people think.
Here are some tips on writing a great review:
Share your honest feelings and try to make your review as informative as you can. The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked the product, but also why.
To ensure reviews are as helpful as possible, please note that we will not post any that contain:
- Content not specific to the item being reviewed
- Reviews submitted by, or on behalf of, other companies or websites
- Reviews that are not your own work or have been previously published elsewhere
- Information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, Filofax employees or phone numbers
- Reviews not written in English
- Content that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, offensive or incendiary
- Content that violates any law, ordinance or regulation
- Single word reviews or reviews longer than 1,000 words
- Negative remarks directed at other reviewers