The Filofax Group is an environmentally conscious organisation. We acknowledge the impact that our operations have on the environment. Our objective at Filofax is to minimise any negative impact on our local and global environment through establishing, operating and reviewing a continuous improvement approach to the management of our Environmental Policy.
The key objectives within our environmental policy are:
We aim to achieve these objectives by adopting the following operational practices:
- Compliance with environmental legislation.
- Setting of environmental strategic key tasks for the organisation and reviewing our
Environmental Policy as part of the annual budgeting process.
- Ongoing education and training of employees on environmental issues.
- Establishing a Company Energy Policy.
- Considering the effects that our operations may have on the local
community by behaving in a considerate and socially responsible
- Regularly reviewing our product design, trading and commercial
standard practices to minimise any negative environmental impact.
- Promoting environmental awareness amongst our customers,
suppliers, contractors, and partners.
- Sourcing paper from mills that operate a policy of obtaining pulp from well
managed sources and are FSC or PEFC certified wherever possible.
- Ensuring effective and expedient incident control, investigation, and
Filofax will fully comply with the duties placed upon it within the requirements of statutory legislation, whilst at all times complying with, as a matter of best practice, the requirements and duties set out within approved guidance as issued by SEPA and other organisations.
All employees and subcontractors are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy whilst ensuring that their own activities, so far as is reasonably practicable, are carried out without risk to themselves, others, or the environment.
The Chief Executive has overall responsibility for ensuring that the management of the company implements the environmental policy and also gives adequate consideration to environmental matters within the day to day running of the business.
Issue 1, January 2008